We recently detected suspicious activity involving numerous unauthorized attempts to log into customer accounts. At this time we do not have evidence that any accounts were accessed inappropriately, and want to reassure you that any bank account numbers cannot be seen by viewers. However, out of an abundance of caution, we encourage customers to make sure they have a strong password that is unique to My Account. In addition, we recommend that customers have the correct email address associated with their My Account for password recovery purposes.
Please find below best practices for password security:
• Use upper and lowercase letters
• Use a mixture of letters and numbers
• Use 12 or more characters
• Include at least one special character, e.g.! @ # $
• Do not use the same password for multiple online accounts
• Do not reuse old passwords
• Do not share your password or store it in a place that is accessible to others
• Do not use words that can be found in the dictionary
• If any provider ever notifies you of a data breach, change your password immediately
• Change your password on a recurring basis
• Do not use passwords that contain information about you (e.g., your birthday), especially if you disclose that information on social media
As an extra security measure, we have implemented a new security tool that asks you to select images. This creates an extra step for some customers upon logging in, but makes it more difficult for unauthorized users to access accounts using automation.
If you have any questions or require assistance with your PSE&G online account, please call 1-888-234-9209.